Published on 15 January, 2023 | Accreditation
Reiki is a fantastic therapy that is something you can not only offer to others but also use on yourself with great effectiveness. Find out how reiki can help you.
TIP FOR SELF HEALING – When you are giving Reiki to yourself, make sure that you are lying or sitting on a comfortable, padded surface, such as a large cushion or a firm bed. Each of the positions should be held for approx 5 minutes.CHANNELING REIKI – When giving Reiki to others, be aware of your guidance and your client above all else, follow your guidance and trust that the Reiki energy will know where to go, and what to do. It cannot harm anyone.
It is important to learn not to be attached to the results. Don’t try to force the energy or concentrate on channelling Reiki. Instead turn the healing over to the universe. The more centred and comfortable you are, the more effectively you will channel Reiki energy. As therapists, we often put our clients comfort ahead of our own. If we do not take care of ourselves, we will not be optimal channels.
• Make sure you are comfortable and not strained.
• If you are standing, keep your knees slightly bent to facilitate better energy flow.
• Be aware of your breathing – take relaxed, deep breaths whilst channelling Reiki.
As a Reiki practitioner, it is important for you to stay aware of your client’s comfort. We recommend that you use the following guidelines to support your client:
12 Reiki Tips – Using Reiki on others
- Check your body hygiene. Do you need to use deodorant or to brush your teeth?
- Wash your hands before and after giving a Reiki treatment.
- Suggest your client take off their shoes, glasses, and jewellery and loosen clothes if needed.
- Ensure that both of your client’s legs are uncrossed.
- Make sure your client is warm and comfortable on the treatment table or chair. You should keep a blanket handy, and place pillows under the persons’ knees to help support their lower back.
- Place your hands on your client slowly and gently, and remove them in the same way.
- Keep your fingers together.
- When your hands are over the client’s eyes, be careful not to press on their eyelids or against their nostrils.
- When working on the clients head, be conscious not to breathe on the face. Turn your head away slightly to breathe.
- When working on the client’s neck, take care not to let the weight of your hands rest on their throat.
- Do not lean on your client.
- Do not try to force the energy or allow your ego to get in the way of natural flow.
To give a Reiki treatment, offer your hand positions and timing suggestions as guidelines. Reiki energy will go where it is needed, so the exact positions are not critical. Pay attention to your perception of yourself and your client when doing a treatment, and follow your guidance and intuition.
CHAKRA STONES –
chakra stones are a great way to balance all the chakras whilst healing and can be a most powerful addition to any treatment or even better still why not use a chakra pendent which will guide you whilst moving over the chakras the ones that are out of balance will show by the pendent swinging faster.
Learn Reiki Level 1 – Dr Usui
Find a professional Accredited Reiki Therapist Near You