Working with Reiki
Published on 17 December, 2011 | reiki
During first degree reiki you will have learned the basic hand positions and principles that should be observed when undergoing a reiki treatment. Although there is some order to the initial basic hand positions of which there are approx 20, you will then learn that your client will lead and you will automatically by guided as to where to place your hands. You maybe drawn to where the client feels the most pain. Learning the basic hand positions is a good starting point and will enable you to not have to think about carrying out a treatment, however let your inner guide advise you.
Treating a Specific Area
Areas that seem problematic can be treated for anywhere between 10 to 20 minutes. Although you would normally only spend between 5 to 10 minutes on any one area.
- Ensure you have removed your watch or any jewelry and that you wash your hands before and after giving a treatment.
- Reiki energy will pass through clothing however ensure the client is relaxed and comfortable and request they remove their shoes and loosen any tight clothing.
- Ensure the client does not cross their legs during a treatment since they may block the flow of reiki energy.
- Should the client not like being touched then reiki can be used by holding your hands approx 2 inches away.
- hold each position for 3 to 5 minutues, or longer if you feel necessary.
- ensure your fingers are not spread but are close together for the energy to be more concentrated.
- After treatment suggest your client has a glass of water and rests. Some clients will fall asleep during a treatment and this is fine, others will find they sleep well after.
- The more reiki you give the more the energy will increase.
Accredited Diploma/Certificate Reiki Distant learning Courses with online attunement are available from Luna Holistics Professional Holistic Training Providers.